Thursday, December 1, 2016

Help me brainstorm! Side by side fridge with endless possibilities. Homebrewing

Hey there /r/homebrewing, long time reader, first time poster. (I think, I'm sure someone will check my history and prove me wrong.)

Long story to the point - we're getting a new refrigerator and I have space in the basement for our current side by side. I was hoping to rip out the ice/water dispenser and have a nice setup with four taps and both sides for kegs. I now realize how these things work and it's not going to be great to try and regulate the freezer.

OK, not a problem, still plenty of room for three/four kegs in the refrigerator.

My other problem is, if I put in a temp regulator on the refrigerator side, it may make the freezer to warm for food. So now I have a freezer too cold to ferment/keg but too warm to store food. Kind of pointless.

So I'm thinking I leave the internal controls alone, get a digital thermometer just to be aware of the temp of the fridge, and then rip out and do something with the ice/water dispenser to make it look better. (It's broken anyway so I can't keep it and use it for ice.)

Any ideas? Anything I'm missing here? Any help or guidance would be really appreciated. Thank you!

Edit - I also really like the digital thermometer display on the outside of the fridge. Is there a simply non-control display thermometer that can be installed? I'm just seeing a bunch of "hang inside" thermometers on Amazon and one external magnetized one.



Submitted December 01, 2016 at 06:47PM by vinnievon http://ift.tt/2gCp91m Homebrewing

No comments:

Post a Comment