Saturday, January 2, 2016

Venue fell through with two months to go! weddingplanning

This was our plan: we were going to have an intimate, immediate family only ceremony at an Air BnB in Las Vegas. We were then going to have a recption for our extended close friends and family at a restaurant for dinner. Its weird and unorthodox, but we were happy with it and so excited.

Over the new year holiday, I decided to clarify some things with the owner of the air bnb. Turns out that even though we paid extra in order to host our ceremony (in addition to staying for a week) at this house, the owners would 1. Be present for the entire party. 2. Would not allow us to put up any decorations. 3. Not allow us to keep food in the refrigerator.

I felt that I was very up front with what my plan was for the "party" that I paid to host. I feel a bit stupid as well as more than a bit let down that these stipulations never came up in my previous questioning.

We are very confident that we can put soomething even better together in the time left until our wedding. However, the owners of the air bnb have a "strict" cancellation policy that may only allow us to get a 50% refund. At $350 it is not the end od the world. More that I dont want to waste money on a place im not using. We have considered just keeping our reservation and staying during our trip. But we have a feind who works at a local resort that has offered a suite to us for our stay.

I really just need to vent, and you folks are always so sweet on here. So thank you for reading my little sob story. Similar experiences, kind words, and advice are welcome.



Submitted January 02, 2016 at 09:55PM by burntryce http://ift.tt/1kApCkZ weddingplanning

No comments:

Post a Comment