Wednesday, January 6, 2016

[TOMT][BOOK] Children's book about a sentient robot tipofmytongue

Back in elementary school (probably anywhere from 8-10 years ago) I went to the Scholastic book fair my school held (I live in the US) and bought a paperback book about a sentient robot. I never finished and even though I'm 20 now, it bothers me every time I think about it because I can never remember the name of the book to finish it.

It was a paperback book; not very thick. Probably 250-300 pages. The cover art was of a steel blue and grey robot with a round head, a sort of bendy type material for limbs and neck (like in posable lamps).

The beginning of the story was explaining the future world. It talked about how in the past, people had robots like refrigerators and washing machines but in this future time there were robots that were capable of more. Kind of like in the move i-Robot. The only part of the plot I remember was the robot playing with a baby. He would hide the bear behind his back and then pull it out again and the baby would get happy and he would be confused why the baby didn't understand that the bear hadn't gone anywhere. There may have been an older robot about to be decommissioned that he talked to I think. I could be wrong about that part.

Every time I search for the book, I just get non-fiction books on robots.



Submitted January 07, 2016 at 02:30AM by marzipansi http://ift.tt/1Z9Doy6 tipofmytongue

No comments:

Post a Comment