Wednesday, January 10, 2018

GE Refrigerator - Vents fill with ice every week or two, freezer doesn't get cold enough appliancerepair

Hi all!

As it says in the title, I'm having trouble with my GE Refrigerator (happy to look for a model number... would that be on the back? I couldn't find it with a cursory look this morning. I'll also provide a picture when able).

There was a night a month or two ago where the refrigerator door was wedged open, and since then, I've been having trouble keeping the freezer cold. The vents in the front and back fill with ice, and then even water in ice trays won't freeze.

I've unplugged the fridge and defrosted the freezer with a pot of boiling water, scraping and melting the ice until it's gone, and that helps, but a week or two later, everything's plugged up again. It even seems like there's ice underneath the bottom of the freezer (sounds crunchy). Is there anything else I could try?

Happy to provide more details, etc. Thanks!



Submitted January 10, 2018 at 08:18PM by Master_Synth_Hades http://ift.tt/2qOXVOh appliancerepair

No comments:

Post a Comment