Monday, January 29, 2018

My(22F) Parents(59F/59M) have filed a police report against my boyfriend(24M) of 1.5 years. I don´t know what to do. relationships

Hi this is my first ever reddit post and also throwaway account because my boyfriend is on reddit.

Background to the story is that my boyfriend and my parents do not get along. They are not on speaking terms and they have only met a handful of times. They do not ask about him and I do not speak of him when we are together. During a short period of time i went no contact with my parents. During that period i asked my boyfriend to go and get some of my stuff from my parents house. I gave him my key and told my parents he was coming to get the stuff. They were not home and my boyfriend was not able to get in because i think they had changed the locks. Although they say they changed it after the incident. He did not get in and then left. This happened about 1 year ago.

Yesterday when visited my parents I saw that they had a a copy of a police report on their refrigerator. I did not have time to read the whole thing in every detail but it was about that they had filed a report about vandalism and attempted burglary. They had not told me that they had done this. I have not told my boyfriend about this and I have not slept at all and is on the edge of breaking down. Worst case scenario is that my boyfriend goes to jail. If he does I do not know what I will do. It feels like my parents are trying to get us to break up, but we have not and hopefully will not because I love him and want to be with him.

So my questions is should I tell my boyfriend and how do I act around my parents? I also have a idea that I am thinking about. I wonder if I could offer to pay for any damages that may have occurred. Is this a good idea?

Thankful for any advices!

TL;DR My Parents filed a police report against my boyfriend. I do not know how to handle this.



Submitted January 29, 2018 at 05:25PM by Veoihaerogi http://ift.tt/2Gt6LVk relationships

No comments:

Post a Comment