Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Funky ice taste...still HomeImprovement

I've searched and searched but keep finding the same issues... none of which I seem to have. Help!

We bought our refrigerator about a year-and-a-half ago and about 2 months ago I finally ran some plumbing to it. It's a standard freezer on bottom type unit with the ice maker in the freezer, not the door. I went the shark bite route and used the mean steel tubing since I heard it was the best.

The issue is the water still tastes like crap. I'm apparently the only one in my house that can taste it, but it is very distinct. Our regular City water tastes just fine but for some reason the ice does not. I added one of those 60-month water filters to see if it would help, but it did not.

I'm guessing it has something to do with the tubing in the fridge, but not sure how to troubleshoot.



Submitted January 24, 2018 at 07:12AM by itspronouncedGIFnotG http://ift.tt/2n6oGZW HomeImprovement

No comments:

Post a Comment