Tuesday, January 30, 2018

I woke confused... nosleep

I've been a lucid dreamer for nearly a decade now, but I had a dream last night, I felt it fit here and I will share.

It started rather innocuous, nonsense strung together as dreams frequently are. My weirdest dreams rarely more than a colorful day, I make sure of it. Show tunes on a public street or maybe my refrigerator is full of chocolate milk, my dreams are very simple, that's why this one was such a shock to me.

I sat in what looked like a restaurant accompanied by the usual types, that girl from 3rd grade, a douchey looking guy, and Daphne from scooby doo. Nothing usual.

As I converse about ordinary things, I'm taken aback by a woman in the room, she's naked, slathered in blueish war paint, hair wild. The skin below her belly button flayed and dangling like a rubbery skirt.

This is the point I realize something is wrong, I'm dreaming, this woman is injured, and no one of reacting in fear as I am. I know I'm dreaming and it's time I see myself out. I round the corner to the back, a change of scene to change the dream. It did not go as it should...

I found myself in a cave, a tunnel. No turns, no bends, no shadows for clever camera angles to allow my escape. This is not a world under my control. The walls are stone, an indistinct color of flesh with the texture of melted candles.

I walk, downward, the slope is an impossible angle. Every step echoed as voices in my ear, telling the story in words I don't know. It's been nearly a decade since the last time I had no control in my dreams, and here every step brought the insurmountable need to flee, to wake, to never sleep again. My legs continued to walk.

It was miles of cave, straight, sick cave as the echoes spoke of the hundreds that had been before. The taste of plant, animal, and man. It spoke in a cacophony of wails, of the tributes they brought, and the wishes they made. Among them my own voice, raging they my dreams are my world, begging to wake from this horror, pleading for some semblance of control.

I found myself in a towering chamber over looking a lake of liquid rock. The texture, that of cooled lava and just as still but I knew that it was fluid. The very walls of the cave seemed to recoil from it in disgust and fear. A voice, not the monstrous chorus from before, a singular voice, boomed in my skull.

I was struck by visions...

At the wave of my hand, my servants poured treasures of gold and jewels into the abyss. The chests, dragging them along to my horror.

I ordered in foreign tongue for my clans men to burn the horses so that they might charge headlong into they're doom. As they sank their fleshless skulls told stories of my death.

Though eyes that were not mine, I watched as I pulled the babe suckling at my own breast and lay him in the writhing mass, his skin bluing and his face contorting to a grotesque horror as he sank.

I blinked and I was falling, stumbling, I saw the woman from before as I landed in my back in the jagged pond. I could feel it, slithering around me as it had the others, I still feel it, sharp and cold like water made of sand paper and pumice. The burn as it scraped across my skin, into my eyes, my mouth, my ears.

As I drown in that viscous, abrasive pond it spoke to me, no unholy choir of voices, no booming voice of a God, it csme too me as a stranger on the street, in a modern and simple way.

"you hear me now? Now that I have your tongue? it was a rush for me, that moment when they realized I was their end, feeling on their evil, their sins, as they melted. These idiots started feeding me innocents though. A sick joke, the steak feeding me the fat. You're dying, I'll make this fast. You will bring me my fix. "

At that I felt the crushing weight of stone around me recede add it lifted me to the edge that I had fallen from. My skin intact, body as it was. The flayed woman stepped aside, gesturing to the tunnel I'd come from her eyes locked to me, unblinking with a knowing smile, as if she was privy to some sick joke.

The walk back was not even 5 steps, and I emerged in my bed, confused and awake.



Submitted January 30, 2018 at 02:58PM by Postmortal_Pop http://ift.tt/2DKReyy nosleep

No comments:

Post a Comment