Monday, October 3, 2016

Advice for handling sticky situation with landlord legaladvice

27 year old living with 69 year old grandmother in upstate ny

signed 1 year lease in 2014(in my name) new lease was signed in 2015 without my knowledge or involvement security deposit yet to be returned to me(i still live here but with the lease not in my name im essentially a guest)

there apparently was an issue w rent today and he gave her 3 days to pay or vacate w rent due originally today and is terminating residency as of november 30th

my understanding outside of the guy being the epitomy of a slumlord considering we only have 1 door in house w a functioning handle and a refrigerator that never works properly is that the handling of the security deposit is very much not allowed and that i have legal ground to recoup that deposit(which in my scenario i might just use as leverage but tbd)



Submitted October 04, 2016 at 06:37AM by cjenvy http://ift.tt/2cOdLRB legaladvice

No comments:

Post a Comment