Sunday, January 3, 2016

Refrigerator keeps running but my outlets aren't electricians

I'm not experienced with electrical issues and I'm all about calling in the experts - I'm just trying to narrow down what the problem possibly could be.

Yesterday, I noticed that my microwave and coffee pot were off even though they were plugged in. I checked the breaker and saw that they were on the same breaker as the fridge and that it was tripped partially. The odd thing was that the fridge was still running. I flipped the breaker and everything came back on, but a few minutes later, the same outlets shut off, but the fridge is still running. I repeated flipping it a couple more times and still the same result.

Would this be something with wiring or maybe something with the fridge itself? I just want to call out the right person for the job.

A little further info - I live in Texas, so it's not frozen or anything. Also, about a week ago the neighborhood lost power for 10-15 minutes and then came back on. Any help would be greatly appreciated!



Submitted January 04, 2016 at 07:07AM by CMYKrunk http://ift.tt/1Pa4YAF electricians

No comments:

Post a Comment