Thursday, December 24, 2015

TIFU by getting a back injury while cleaning underneath my refrigerator. tifu

This TIFU happened yesterday afternoon.


So my stepdad said he was coming over so we could go out and get my mom something for Christmas.


I'm cleaning in the afternoon when the fridge sounds like its choking, so i check underneath it and there's 1" thick dust bunnies on the condenser with cobwebs. Great.


I've heard the bad rumors that the previous manager (before my brother took over) barely did anything to keep the property clean. Looks like those rumors have some truth to them haha.


Anyway I get under the fridge with my upright vacuum's hose and put on the narrow crevice tool and start vacuuming away.


About 90% through the cleaning, I hear a loud "pop" from my back. My eyes get wide and i think, "Aw, crap." Then, I feel a sensation like knives being stuck in my back...The pain was so bad, i couldnt get up for 30 mins.


Why didn't I call an ambulance?

1. The phone was about 12' away from me on the couch.

2.) Pain killers were double that distance away from where i was on the floor.

3.) Because i dont have the money to quite pay for a $1000 ER visit.


Anyway, fast forward to today, i let a relative know i cant quite go out for dinner tonight on christmas eve due to my "predicament".


I assumed the relative knew i was injured by now. Quite the opposite is true in fact, much to my surprise.


As i found out, my sister was not informed and proceeded to throw a fit and hassle me for not going saying "its your responsibility"


It's my choice to not go and to me its like why cant you just respect my decision and not hassle me for it? This injury is enough of a hassle for me already as it is.


I said via text message: I dont know if mom told you, but i had an injury yesterday.


There was an awkward silence and my sister just realized she has hassled a man with a back injury on Christmas Eve.


I'm planning on not going this year after this incident.


TL;DR: Got back injury while cleaning under fridge, got scolded by relative for injury, likely not going to christmas dinner this year at friends house.



Submitted December 25, 2015 at 03:13AM by JHoward777 http://ift.tt/1MyXyVA tifu

No comments:

Post a Comment