Wednesday, December 23, 2015

He's perfect and I don't want to break him. Dogtraining

4 months ago I adopted a chihuahua from the humane society. He's 10-12 years old and perfectly house trained. It is obvious that someone took a lot of time teaching him where and when to use the bathroom. I've owned chihuahuas before but never one that was so well trained.

The problem is, although he is perfectly trained, I am not. I know nothing about training a dog and I am afraid that I will "break" him. So far I have been just following his lead (letting him train me). He asks to go out every morning on awaking and at night before bed. Sometimes he's asks in the middle of the day at different times.

Is it OK for me to continue to let him take the lead on this? He obviously knows more about this than I do. Is there something I should be doing to support and reward his good behavior? After coming back in the house he always goes and stands next to the refrigerator so I took that to mean that he is supposed to get a treat, so I give him a little piece of cheese because he loves it.

This little dog is so perfect. Please help me keep him that way. Thanks.



Submitted December 22, 2015 at 10:32PM by srcdren http://ift.tt/1Mu8Iei Dogtraining

No comments:

Post a Comment