Thursday, December 31, 2015

[Pics] Not a New Year's resolution. Return to keto after pregnancy. keto

Hi all,

First post--want to get my current status/mental state/goals out there. I love when posters have a series of progress posts to go along with their progress pics. That will be me in 3/6/9 months!

I've been an on again off again low carb-er for a long time. Atkins style eating was always my go-to when I needed to lose those extra 10-15 pounds.

I was always in pretty good shape but thought of myself as fat since I wasn't small or lean. I played D1 sports at a little over 200lbs...so no, I wasn't ever the cute little girl. My weight went down to about 165 slowly as I left my sport behind but I was losing muscle, not fat. Grad school and several boyfriends who ate like crap caused me to put most of that weight back on--and not as muscle this time.

After my first child (2013) I recommitted to low carb and found this reddit. Y'all are great! And I love being able to think about the science behind how my body is using food.

However, my husband wasn't comfortable with me restricting carbs while pregnant/trying to get pregnant so I went off for our second child (I tried to go to something like Paleo, but pregnancy cravings were too good of an excuse to eat all the carbs). I packed on 10 pounds while trying to conceive and another 45 during pregnancy. I've lost 28 of that just from normal post-birth weight loss.

Now I have a happy little two month old. We have a great nursing relationship and my husband is on board with me returning to this lifestyle!

I'll be easing in so as not to tank my milk supply. I started this week just removing all the extra carbs (Juice, cereal, chips, chocolate, etc.) and making a few keto meals to start the refrigerator shift. Just this change liberated ~3lbs of water weight! I plan to be back to full keto in 2 to 3 weeks.

No extra exercise right now. It's all I can handle to parent my two children, nurse, work full time, and (when I get a moment to myself) shower... Although nursing means I'm burning an extra 300-500 calories a day!

My biggest motivation is to be a mom that my girls can look up to. My oldest definitely got my body type (as opposed to my husband's <10% BF with no effort--jerk) and I need to model healthy eating habits and a healthy attitude toward my own body. I don't want either of them to ever feel concern about their own bodies because they see mommy too embarrassed to wear a swimsuit on the boat or too tired to play.

For those who stayed with this...thanks! I look forward to being able to share progress pics but, for now, here is my starting pic.

http://ift.tt/1IGf27R



Submitted December 31, 2015 at 09:00PM by happymommytotwo http://ift.tt/1Ui5xfE keto

No comments:

Post a Comment