Wednesday, December 23, 2015

A gift I made for my kids for the last day of Yule. somethingimade

http://ift.tt/1VamZDV My older son and daughter (ages 6 and 9, respectively), both like to pretend to cook since my wife and I cook a lot. My older son actually said he wished that he had a good play kitchen to pretend to cook on, and I decided to get to work. Web had removed one of our cabinets because we had a new refrigerator put in, so my wife and I used that as the starting point of project. I went to Lowe's and bought some oak boards to make a countertop, backsplash, and the box for the bottom, along with new hardware for the doors, paint, some hinges, some plexiglass for the oven, and a couple shower drains to work as burners. We also got a new faucet to replace our kitchen sink's faucet so we could use our old one for the play kitchen. My wife painted it, along with chalkboard paint on the cabinet, and I did the stain, the building, and the picture-taking. I know it's not much to go on, but I'm proud of it, and wanted to show it off. Happy holidays, everyone!

Bonus laser and whiskey pictures. I guess I accidentally added those.



Submitted December 24, 2015 at 07:04AM by FhearSliabhNeil http://ift.tt/1PlI0Ll somethingimade

No comments:

Post a Comment