Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Looking for some advice on my housing situation in China personalfinance

Alright- so I'll show you both of my current options. Option A and option B:

OPTION A (My current situation)-

Right now I pay $600 a month for a studio in a pretty much brand new building. It's a really nice room, a bit small but I live alone so it's all good. The main issue is that there is construction just outside my room and in China construction goes form 7AM until about 10:30PM. My commute time to work is 30 minutes. If I break my lease I will lose $300.

OPTION B

A friend of mine (former Chinese co-worker) rented out another apartment that he uses on the weekend mornings and some weeknights to teach his students. Apart from this I'd be living alone. It's an older building and my room would be fairly small. I still have access to the rest of the apartment though. Rent here would be $300 a month. This place is only a 2 minute walk to my work. If I move in here I'd have to pay about $300 for a new washing machine and refrigerator

I'm planning to leave China around July

I'm not in debt, but I do enjoy saving money- it's the main reason I moved here. But I also really value my privacy. What would you do?



Submitted December 30, 2015 at 03:49PM by chinainaflash http://ift.tt/1Sm6IvZ personalfinance

No comments:

Post a Comment