Thursday, December 24, 2015

A scammer put my property "up for rent" on Craigslist. How do I handle this? RealEstate

After one of my tenants moved out and I did a lot of remodeling, I went to list my rental property on Craigslist only to find...someone else already had.

All of the pictures are from an old Zillow ad, and they've listed a very low price. Email contact only using the secured craigslist email address.

The ad says:

A very nice 2 bedroom, 1 bath single story home with a HUGE Fenced-in Yard. It has off street parking and laundry in unit. This home also has a very spacious living room and a very nice up to date spacious kitchen, also the bathroom is up to date. The 2 bedrooms are very good size with plenty of natural light available. All these features give this home an open feel.

APPLIANCES INCLUDE: Dishwasher, Microwave, Range/Oven, Refrigerator, And a Washer

and lists it for $600/mo.

Obviously, not only does this ad potentially scam innocent people, it also competes with my own ads for the same house. How do I get Craigslist to take down the ad? Is there any way to track the person down? Any other suggestions for next steps?

UPDATE #1: My property manager emailed the guy, and they're asking him to wire a $500 deposit and they'll "give him the keys". I've opened a case with the police. I also separately emailed him from my spam account.



Submitted December 25, 2015 at 01:47AM by NPPraxis http://ift.tt/1QLwpqB RealEstate

No comments:

Post a Comment