Sunday, October 2, 2016

[Question] Rising timing Breadit

I'm a neophyte bread baker, and I'm hoping you can help me figure out rising/refrigeration timing.

 

I want to make challah for dinner tomorrow night at 7, but I'll be away from home from about 9am to 4pm.

 

My thought was to do the first rise this evening and the second rise in the refrigerator overnight.

 

But then I'm not sure if I should

 

1) Take the dough out of the fridge (and put it in a not-particularly-warm place) tomorrow morning, then braid it and do a final rise after I get home.

 

Or 2) Take the dough out of the fridge tomorrow afternoon and immediately divide into ropes (to hasten the warming process). Once ropes are room-temperature, braid them and let rise a final time.

 

My hesitation with option 2 is that I'm not sure if 3 hours (from 4 until 7) will allow enough time for dough to warm to room temperature, rising, and baking.

 

Any suggestions or advice would be much appreciated.

 

Edit: formatting



Submitted October 02, 2016 at 10:48PM by Strider_A http://ift.tt/2dnli82 Breadit

No comments:

Post a Comment