Friday, August 19, 2016

Whirlpool WRT771REYM00 cold freezer, lukewarm fridge appliancerepair

Hi all. I have a Whirlpool fridge that's experiencing cooling problems. About three months ago, everything in the fridge was room temperature, but the fridge was ice cold. I removed everything from the freezer, removed the back panel from inside the freezer and hit the coils (which were totally iced over) with a hair dryer and then let the fridge sit for 4-5 hours with the door open before plugging it back in.

3 months later and I have ice across the back of the fridge and the temperature in the fridge is dropping (ice box is fine).

Could it be that the drain plug is clogged and causing this? Perhaps it froze over and I didn't give it enough time to thaw? Am I able on this unit to remove the back and get access to the drain to clean out myself?

This is very frustrating - I have had a bunch of refrigerators my entire life and never experienced this before. Thanks for any help you can provide!



Submitted August 20, 2016 at 03:07AM by GdgtBoy http://ift.tt/2btHBcE appliancerepair

No comments:

Post a Comment