Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Need help picking between 2 living situations AskLosAngeles

Thanks in advance! TLDR: I need help picking between two rooms that include utilities and parking. I’d be making $16/hour and I’d work from 8am-5pm. 1st room: very small bedroom but in a really nice neighborhood in a house for $750 2nd room: very big bedroom but in an iffy part of town in a 2bedroom apartment for $850 I might not be able to fit all my stuff in the 1st room, but the 2nd room I can.

Hi Reddit I’d like a little help picking between 2 living situations, since I need a room asap. I’d be okay with either room, but I’d like Reddit’s opinion on the matter. Little bit about me: I have no kids/pets, single, don’t drink/smoke, and I’ll be making $2,569 to $3,597 a month. I’ll be making $16/hour and expect to work 6-7 days a week. I’d be working from 8am-5pm. I currently live in a 2bedroom apartment and live 2 hours away from LA county, which is where my new job will be. The first living situation is in a very nice part of LA. I’d be renting a very small room for $750. The room is like a room for a teenager. Crimemapping.com says that only 3 crimes have been reported in the last month. Here’s a representation of what the room would look like. http://ift.tt/1MQCUGr This room is in a really nice 2 story house. I believe there are 4 rooms 3 bathrooms. The older couple live there and I believe there's another tenant or could be another one in the future. The room already has a bed, dresser, very small tv, big closet, refrigerator, private bathroom, shared pool/kitchen/garage/laundry/parking. I'd have to let her know of my departure 30 days in advance if I wanted to move out before the 12m lease ended and there was no application fee. I can do month-to-month, but she can raise the rent right? I have various items I'd like in the room, but I don't think they'd fit or I'd have to rearrange the room. I've not gone over that, since I was only able to meet up once. I live 2hrs away. The owners have lived there for 30 years. Utilities are included except internet. I’m not sure if I can buy my own internet. I got the impression that I can’t share their internet connection. I have quite a bit of stuff that may not fit in the tiny room. Such as a big screen tv, desk and desktop computer, my bed, and a couple chairs.

The second living situation is in a okay/iffy part of town. There’s not a lot of “name brand” stores nearby. Crimemapping.com says that 59 crimes has occurred in the past month. There were 6 car break-ins on the street alone. The tenant has lived there for 3 years. She’s already had supposedly 7 people before me apply. She told me she wants to pick the right person since it took her 7 months to kick out her previous roommate for not paying rent. I think she just wants a female roommate. The apartment is a 2bedroom/shared bathroom/fridge/kitchen. It has shared parking, washer/dryer, in unit, This place prefers a 12month lease, but the landlord is lax about people breaking the lease(what she said). The application fee is $30. The room is twice as big as the other room. The room is as big as a small studio apartment. Here’s a representation of what the room would look like. http://ift.tt/2bBP7B9 I’d be able to do a workout in the room, whereas I might feel claustrophobic in the other room. The tenant seemed very straight forward. This place has no internet. Everything I’d want to bring would fit in this room. Such as a big screen tv, desk and desktop computer, my bed, and a couple chairs.

My needs: I need my desk/desktop computer/monitor and I’d highly prefer sleeping in my tempurpedic bed. My wants: I’d really want my big screen tv for watching movies and playing xbox and rock band.



Submitted August 23, 2016 at 11:18PM by bk20111 http://ift.tt/2bfzsV4 AskLosAngeles

No comments:

Post a Comment