Thursday, July 7, 2016

TIFU By buying a new refrigerator. tifu

So this TIFU happened about 2 years ago, but that forgotten potatoes TIFU reminded me this happened.

My (ex)girlfriend and I found and rented out a pretty nice townhouse we found online, the only catch was it didn't come with a fridge. Weird for renting, but okay. We decided that wasn't a huge deal as I had a small fridge/freezer combo from college that we could use until we saved to get a full size one.

Fast forward a month or so and we finally saved to get a nice new fridge after having to go food shopping every other day due to our tiny-embarrassed-to-be-using-as-adults size fridge. We finish off the remaining food and clean it in preparation for our new shiny fridge. The day finally comes, and I am just waiting for the (ex)girlfriend to get home from work so we can head to the store. I decided to grab a sub from a local place as didn't have much food in the fridge, ate about half and the gf gets home.

Here's where the TIFU begins. Thinking I'll eat the second half of the sandwich I previously mentioned, I toss it in the mini fridge and plan to put it in our new one once we get home and plug it in. Guess what didn't happen. Being all excited we set up this new, sleek, magnificent refrigerator and push the old one to the side and use it as a stand for our microwave.

For the next 6 months or so, we noticed little fruit flies in our apartment. Not a lot, just a few here and there and think nothing of it. I receive a call from my mom asking if I still have my mini fridge from college so that my little sister can use it for her new dorm. "Sure" I say "I'll give it a quick wipe down and bring it over!". I proceed to remove the microwave from the top and open the door. The only way I can describe it is like the scene from Starship Troopers where the bugs are trying to take over that small base in the "desert" and watching from above like I'm God. There must have been 10's of thousands of fruit flies, and now that I opened the gates of hell they swarm all over me, and now the rest of my house. I grab it and run it outside and hose the shit out of it. Needless to say my sister was no longer interested in using it.

Oh, and it took a good 3 months to get rid of the remaining flies from out apartment.

TL;DR : Bought a new fridge, forgot about my sandwich in the old fridge, opened it 6 months later and got attacked by an army of flies.



Submitted July 07, 2016 at 06:48PM by SPACExCASE http://ift.tt/29Rmlud tifu

No comments:

Post a Comment