Monday, July 25, 2016

Bought a house. Shame on me. depression

So me and my mother have been looking for a house to buy. Well mainly my mother because I trust her judgement, or at least I used to. Our main things for a house are good foundation, roof, air conditioning. When she said she found a house I was happy. I didn't bother to look at the house because I thought my mom would have known better. Plus I wanted it to be a surprise for myself. I was also told that an older couple owned the house and that the husband was a handy man. Cool so the house I thought was well kept.

So today we did the closing. Everyone who say was telling me it was nice, but it wasn't modern. I honestly did not mind that it wasn't modern. So we got to the house and I was shocked. The inside is a complete mess. Tile on the floor is dirty. Everything is really really dusty. The walls need to be patched up nail holes and also needs to be painted badly. Where the walls meet the floor, you know that crack there? Nasty. The refrigerator that was left here is disgusting. We pulled up the rugs because they smelled like piss. At least the tile under the rugs are nice, but no clue how to get the glue they used up. The sockets are all dirty and upside down. Walk in shower stained to hell.

I'm not good at describing things. I knew that no house is perfect and I expected that some work would need to be done. But holy shit. If I had to rate this house from one to ten, it would be 4. It's liveable, but no where near worth 150k. I would have paid only 100k for this house.

In hindsight I should have looked at the house before it was too late. I would have put an end to any thoughts to buy it.

So here I am in a ugly dirty house, stuck with it for the foreseeable future. It's going to take thousands of dollars to fix this house. Maybe when we paint it it will look better. I'm just really depressed about this. Mainly because I know it's my fault. If only I would have looked at houses with mom.



Submitted July 26, 2016 at 08:13AM by CowmanBoy http://ift.tt/2afw7cE depression

No comments:

Post a Comment