Thursday, July 28, 2016

Refrigerator repair guy didn't do any work (not even diagnosing the problem) and is charging $117.65 for basically just walking into my house personalfinance

A few months ago when my family first moved into the new house, the refrigerator from the previous home owner wasn't working. We called a person to check the refridgerator out if it could be fixed. The company quoted that the diagnostic work would be free so the repair guy later came but left after 2 minutes, not moving the refrigerator or doing any work at all and charging $117.65. My parents are coming to me now with a letter from a collections agency for the above amount (the letter came in today). They didn't do any work, (they didn't even open the fridge) and I'm not sure what to do about this.

If they had actually tried diagnosing the problem at all I would have paid up even if they couldn't get it working but they didn't even look at the refrigerator. Is there anything I can do to dispute this or am I screwed because I let them into my house?



Submitted July 29, 2016 at 03:11AM by 11ez11 http://ift.tt/2adq3ix personalfinance

No comments:

Post a Comment