Thursday, July 28, 2016

(OHIO) My refrigerator has been broken for 5 days now and my landlord has been "too busy" to replace it. legaladvice

I noticed my fridge was slowly dying on Sunday so I called my landlord and they said they would get their maintenance guy out here to take a look at it. Now it's Day 5 and I have called twice a day every day to ask them what the hell is going on. I am living out of a cooler. All my frozen bulk food from Costco has spoiled.

Please note in the lease that is stated that all appliances must be maintained.

Yesterday, they told me thEY instead went and looked at refrigerators at Lowe's but they had to confirm it with the other senile landlord (another crazy story) -- so another wasted day. I even offered yesterday afternoon to go buy the fridge they want on my own and just deduct the cost from the rent. They said it was a good idea and would get back to me but I heard nothing!!! So now it is day 5 and I am so frustrated. They keep telling me that they have to run their horse farm and they are just soooo busy. I want to ask them -- well what if your fridge was broken for 5 days? Would you let that wait 5 days over your horse farm? Why won't you hire a property manager if you can't take care of your properties?!

What do I do? What can I say to them to get them to order me a new fridge? I don't feel like I should be paying my full rent next month unless they fix this problem. Isn't 5 days without a fridge in the middle of summer kind of ridiculous?



Submitted July 28, 2016 at 03:54PM by number1foodfan http://ift.tt/2aA37KS legaladvice

No comments:

Post a Comment