Monday, July 25, 2016

More inlaw/husband bullshit. breakingmom

Excuse me if this is disjointed, I was up all night with a screaming overstimulated toddler and he has just recently went down for a nap. Husband requested that he only take a short nap today and I wake him up in like 45 minutes to an hour because he's wound up at night and constantly screams no matter what we do. (I'm fairly certain that he's teething judging by the amount of biting he's doing.)

I thought our move from the apartment to the house was fine because toddler was actually pretty well-adjusted and loving his new room. However, husband's family keeps inviting themselves over or shows up randomly to "help out" i.e: do two things to help us out, scare the baby by not using "indoor voices" and grabbing him suddenly because his overreaction is "funny", then have a "party" by making food in our kitchen, getting drunk/tipsy and then leaving the mess for pregnant me to deal with...

Um, sorry no.

Before they came, I moved/unpacked all of the boxes that once halfway filled our living room, and got our house spotless because husband sure as hell wasn't going to do it. And I was right!

He came home from the gym with an injured shoulder and acted as if he was on his deathbed, so he absolutely just couldn't throw the boxes and trash I had put aside away - he had save that until later. (...Yes, he was at the gym while I was moving and doing all this shit while watching the toddler and pregnant!)

Yesterday I was informed that Uncle was coming over to do some kind of thing and then leave. Just one uncle. He didn't give us a time when he was going to come and I was just praying that it would be after toddler's nap time and work out that way.

It ended with 12 people (not including us) in our tiny house, a giant mess in my kitchen, half of our refrigerator is filled with booze, my kitchen is full of flies they let in, juices from steak or whatever they grilled and left sitting out all over our brand new countertops and garbage that I just managed to clean up all by myself.

I'm 23 weeks pregnant. I have to go to the fucking hospital tomorrow for another high-risk ultrasound, but husband wants me to try to keep the toddler awake ALL DAY so he can have an easy time sleeping and coming with me to my appointment after I was with him all day as he kicked/hit/screamed and threw a general shit fit.

I am still having trouble eating because whenever I do, I'm stressed out due to my toddler screaming and trying to get my full attention. I've lost weight this pregnancy and they're worried about my fetus' growth - hence the 2nd (or 3rd- I've lost count) scan. Last scan was okay, but this one is just to be absolutely certain and I've lost more weight since my last appointment.

Husband doesn't seem to fucking care because his family's behavior is normal to him, or he just makes excuses. Last night he was drunk because they kept offering him more alcohol and he took it. He was pretty much useless as a parent and it was once again me trying to do it all while trying to get some rest which just wasn't happening.

Husband also informed me that he's going to the gym after work 3x this week so I'm going to have to deal with toddler. We're not even completely unpacked yet. He needs to work-out and I'm glad he's doing it, but - fucking priorities, man.

So, the plan is that if he's out of the room with toddler I will request that they have a doctor speak with him about the pregnancy and what he exactly needs to man up and start doing to make things easier on me. Every single time I'm trying to take care of myself he says "whatever, x medical condition isn't even that bad."

I don't care if it takes an extra hour or so out of the day, I just need someone to tell him that he's acting like a selfish asshole. I'm losing my shit.



Submitted July 25, 2016 at 09:37PM by CommodoreLudwig http://ift.tt/2aoW9eK breakingmom

No comments:

Post a Comment