Thursday, July 28, 2016

Refrigerator/Electrical Problems... vandwellers

Hello All, I just wired my van for electricity, specifically for my mini-fridge and looking for some guidance. I came back to a warmish refer after a day at work (it was the second day of running off the batteries, with a 30 minute drive each day for some charge). Here's my setup: Ran a 30amp cable from the power distribution box to an isolator (so the batteries would only charge while driving), from there ran a wire under the van and drilled a hole thru the floor and connected it to the 750watt inverter, which then is tied into two sealed, 12v deep cycle batteries, run in parallel. Because I didn't get wet cell there is no off-gassing or maintenance and can stay inside my van without venting etc. They might be more temperamental with the short bursts of charge from when I drive, lowering the overall battery life, but it's a trade-off. Since it is summer and hot in my van during the day I was thinking maybe the thermal overload was tripping out on the fridge? (currently living in the pacific northwest) or maybe not enough charge to the batteries? I average 30 minutes of driving 6 days a week, with one day being longer a longer drive. I was hoping not to start with solar panels, due to trying to keep expenses low (all parts were used, but free, from a reliable friend who's an electrician, and I only paid $40 for a used refrigerator). Specs on the refer are: rated voltage 115v ac, rated current 1.3A, power input 68W, net weight 38lbs. Thanks in advance!



Submitted July 29, 2016 at 05:26AM by adventurepls http://ift.tt/2a3k3f0 vandwellers

No comments:

Post a Comment