Monday, July 25, 2016

Everything looked so still. nosleep

Okay, so I've been fighting with myself wondering if I should post this on Reddit or if I should keep this experience to myself. This isn't antthing horrible like deals with the devil or scary forest monsters eating someone or something. This was just too crazy and bizarre to not tell someone else and I figures Reddit was probably the best place to post it.

For a bit of background, I'm pretty young. It's summer break for us here and I've been talking to my old schools drug dealer. That's a really bild statement but that's who he was to me. Jat we'll call him for now. He sells Pot, Acid, Mushrooms, and about any other drug you could actually want. I had seen him around school before, I was best friends with his girlfriend who was in my PME class and this boy was a trouble maker. I've seen him run off school campus and away from cops, seen him do deals passing through to the next class. For some reason about two months ago he texted me and from the days on we would talk for hours everyday and until one of us was too tired to continue. We had something there in such a short period of time I had never had anything click with me that fast and it was hard to imagine it would be with a well known small town drug dealer.

We started hanging out together and admittedly I was getting into some trouble when I was with him. Only weeks before that we had been caught on private property in a small springs water fall and the owner had caught us swimming and sitting under it. It took 30 minutes to get the guy to stop telling at Jay and not call the cops on us. It didn't helo Jay was continuously threatening him.

Me and Jay hang out every chance we can get and this day wasn't any different. He texted me around 6 and asked if I wanted to go out and explore. I agreed and he came over to the house. When we explored together it was around my house through the woods and abandoned roads with my four wheeler. He would being weed over and we would smike until we found something cool.

I was sitting on the four wheeler putting my hair uo while he was rolling a joint behind me, licking the side and expecting it before he lit it. We rode out weeving through the trees until we hit where the roads were following and riding as we smoked. It didn't take very long for us to finish smoking and find roads we had never followed before. We began to see white rusted stop signs and the grass started to loose it's lush forest green colir the farther we rode in. "Is that a house?" Jay asked and pointed towards a blurred house coming up the horizon. "Let's go check it out, it'll be fun I can roll another one."

I was way too curious to not ride towards the lone house which then expanded into us finding whole neighborhoods. We rode slow and as quietly as the vehicle would allow us to, Jay's eyes excitedly looking at the houses run down and all color faded to obsolete hues. The grass was patchy and dead, some grass patches too long for my liking to walk through and some dead and short. Jay made stop in front of a house which's grass was just dead enough to not care about or get eaten by unknown things. He knew I had an irrational fear of not being able to see my feet while walking through something.

The house was a babe blue with what used to be navy blue shutters, patches of oil leaks in their drive way. There were a few trees that loomed over the house, fallen leaves on the house and in its yard. There was graffiti all over the house and from what I could see through partly open blinds that there was some inside too. "It's so still here." I muttered as I followed Johan around the house, looking around at all the other houses in the sane condition. There was no wind blowing and no wild life. Growing up in the woods that usually always meant something bad was going on.

"It'll be fine. I just wanna see inside, take a few pictures and then we can leave alright?" He assured me coming back up to the front door, opening it. The door swung open to a house, a cold chill running down my spine. As we walked in a felt unsafe and wanted to be out of the house as quickly as possible. This house looked to be abandoned for a long time, dust covering over shelves and tables and cob webs collecting up on the ceiling and walk. "Look at this kitchen it looks so old!" I heard Jay yell walking towards the dining table. "Yeah..." I whispered looking around. The refrigerator looked untouched and the cabinets were a pale pink, the dining table covered in a floral print patterns. I felt creeped out and watched with a smile as Jay took pictures of all the graffiti behind the untouched house.

I started to see shadows out of the corner of my eye, moving too quickly for me to catch while I turned my head. Jay sat on the ground and pulled a dime bag out of his pocket, rolling papers on his lap. I sat in front of him and slhook, pushing my hair behind my ear. "Are you okay?" He asked laughing at me, eyes catching mine. I wanted to look a little braver than I was so I nodded smiling. "I'm fine. It's just really creepy here. We should leave soon." He nodded and sighed. "I'll roll and we'll leave okay?"

It was a good enough deal for me. I waited patiently for him and looked around the shadows worse than beforem as soon as he was finished I stood up and made my way to the door. It was begining to get dark and I wanted to get out before we were surrounded in darkness. He lit it and I worked on starting the four wheeler. It was giving me trouble with the start up and I panicked, hear pounding as I worked, the engine turning over as I pushed the gas. I looked up for less than a second and my eyes met a figure, an inky black and tall. It was darker than the dark sky, standing on the end of the sidewalk. I blinked and it wasn't there my heart now beating harsh against my chest."Jay get on." I ordered sternly, shaking like crazy.

Once I got the four wheeler started I got us out of there much faster than we arrived. He laughed at how much I was shaking from fear. I don't think he saw it standing there and I've been trying to convince myself it was just a shadow of something. I haven't told Jay because I don't want him to think I'm crazy, but now I can't keep trying to convince myself it was just shadows. I almost wished we would have stayed longer but the shadow was my final straw.



Submitted July 25, 2016 at 06:30PM by CoffeeAndPlanets http://ift.tt/2akGRon nosleep

No comments:

Post a Comment