Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Someone posted a comic of Dragon Ball Z's Vegeta inside a refrigerator with some strange kanji + furigana combination. I don't understand the joke and am hoping LearnJapanese could help me understand it... LearnJapanese

Here's the image

Here's the actual thread

I posted the following:

"オレは…冷蔵庫だ!!" "I am... Refrigerator!!"

... I... I guess it's a pun on Freeza...? Thing to note is he's actually saying "Super Vegeta", but the kanji it's written in is "refrigerator" (hence, what was meant was "refrigerator"). I have no idea what the two have in common but this kind of thing is a little popular in comics (and apparently newspapers but for more serious reasons). In this case, it's a kind of "only works in print" kind of "joke" (if it can be called such)...



Submitted January 06, 2016 at 04:57AM by Moulinoski http://ift.tt/1Z6IOKg LearnJapanese

No comments:

Post a Comment