Monday, November 9, 2015

[NJ] I purchased a refrigerator which arrived damaged. I sent it back without original packaging and they neglect to refund. legaladvice

I was moving out of my relative's house to my own place and purchased a refrigerator on a website by my brothers recommendation (this website does NOT have a physical store). The package arrived a little open on top. I was moving in three days so I did not bother opening it.

The day I moved, I noticed a few dents throughout the refrigerator and also that the door was not closing properly. I threw away the original packaging before checking for dents since I intended on keeping the refrigerator and never had an intention on returning it. After seeing the damage, I purchased another refrigerator of the same size in another store and shipped the damaged refrigerator.

Now, because I did not ship the refrigerator in the original package, they do not want to give me my full refund, even though it was an error on their part that the refrigerator arrived damaged. Is there anything I can do besides being insistent? Anybody had similar issues? Thank you.



Submitted November 10, 2015 at 12:42PM by hipstaboy http://ift.tt/1WKd5NV legaladvice

No comments:

Post a Comment