Saturday, November 28, 2015

Help! I'm being held captive! nosleep

This is going to sound absolutely insane, and maybe I am... but I don’t know how else to explain what’s going on.

I’ve been abducted, and am being held hostage in my house.

The place I live once belonged to my grandmother. As my inheritance, I received the house and everything in it.

She raised me in that house, after my parents died in an accident when I was eight. It goes without saying that I KNOW the house I have lived in for the last two decades.

This place, where I am right now, looks like my house. Everything is in its proper place, all the photos on the walls of my family, the bone china and crystal in the china cabinet, the wallpaper, carpet, everything appears exactly as it should, right down to the magnets on the refrigerator. There is even the same food: eggs, milk, everything that was in there yesterday is in there right now.

This is a list of the only differences:

(1) Each of the windows and doors are boarded up, and it sounds like a dull thud when I bang my fist against the wood. There's no way out.

(2) Where the basement door is supposed to be, there is only a blank wall.

(3) My grandmother’s house is directly next to a busy highway, yet I hear no traffic.

(4) I cannot find any tools. There should be a tool drawer in the kitchen, full of random stuff, but it is empty.

(5) There is only plastic silverware in the cutlery drawer.

I feel like I’m on a stage set.

When I returned home from work on Tuesday Nov. 24, everything WAS normal. I walked in the front door, hung up my coat, put my keys on the ring next to my coat rack, removed my shoes, and walked in socks to the kitchen, where I ate a ham and provolone sandwich with mayo and lettuce.

After eating, I poured myself a rum and coke. I put three ice cubes in one of those McDonald’s coke glasses, covered the ice with rum, and added the coke. I drank it rather quickly, and poured another.

I walked in my bedroom, placed my drink on the end table, removed my clothes and crawled under the covers in only my boxers. I propped myself up against the headboard to read a new book, which I’ve been meaning to start for a while now. If anyone is interested, it’s “The Thirteenth Tale” by Diane Setterfield. I’ve heard great reviews about it, but I digress.

I finished my second drink at the same time I finished the second chapter.

I don’t recall falling asleep, but when I woke up, I found myself in this strange predicament.

I’m telling you those insignificant details because I want a written record of my last night. Just in case.

The date on my cell phone is wrong, because it keeps reading Tue. Nov. 24. Each time I change it to match the time and date on my laptop, it changes right back to the 24th.

Obviously my first call was to 911. I explained my situation, and they sent officers to my address. It was odd as fuck talking to the officer on the phone, explaining that I’m in my living room sitting on the sofa, describing the layout while they are also in my living room, and we aren’t even in the same room.

They even tracked me with GPS, but that wasn’t helpful because it shows my location as being at my house!

I’ve talked to my friends, family, even my coworkers, but no one can help me since I can’t give any description of my location, other than “my house”.

Thank goodness there’s wifi. All the electrical outlets are functioning, and I even have my cell and laptop chargers. There is plenty of food and running water.

If this is some sort of elaborate practical joke, it is certainly an expensive one. Who would build a two-story house and layout the entire place with matching furniture, wallpaper, and everything in between, just for some sort of sick joke??

I don’t feel like I’m in danger. I haven’t been threatened in any sort. Like I said earlier, I feel like I’m on a stage set.

I just wish I knew what was going on, why I’m here, and where I am...



Submitted November 29, 2015 at 08:40AM by balijrscl http://ift.tt/1QMXn0z nosleep

No comments:

Post a Comment