Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Insanely high hydro bills from PowerStream. I think I'm a victim of a scam, please help! (x-post from r/Markham) toronto

Hey everyone, Just to give you a background, I live in Markham in a small townhouse, and I used to live with my brother. We don't have many electronics except for the usual (TV, Microwave, Refrigerator, etc) and our bills have recently been exceedingly high. To give you a rough idea, we usually consume ~1,000 kWH a month, giving us a bill of roughly ~$150. But my most recent bill showed a usage of 7,500 kWh (7x the normal) and is an amount of $1234.34 for 58 days. That seems ludicrous and I emailed the company asking for a response. Is this normal? Has anyone ever come across such high bills?



Submitted November 25, 2015 at 03:00AM by aaroniclee http://ift.tt/1Of5jWD toronto

No comments:

Post a Comment