Sunday, November 29, 2015

The light under the Threshold nosleep

What could this be? I'm confused and a little freaked out.

So lately, I've been having some weird experiences. Let me try and explain my situation.

I live alone, in a one bedroom plus den house I rent, just outside of town. I work in an industrial park so it's not that far from work. I moved in here during the summer, four months ago. I love it. I have a deck for my smoker, a view of a forest with a stream out back, and I have no roommates to contend with. I'm on my own, which is a big step for me.

I work a labour job, and go to sleep usually around 9PM. I have to get up kind of early for work. But the time 9 rolls around, I'm completely exhausted and never have any trouble getting to sleep. I have no pets, and my neighbours are really good, there is usually never anything keeping me awake at night except for the potential loud storm or if I leave a window open, something blowing off a table. But, two weeks ago, I woke up one night. The door to my bedroom was open and I could see into the hallway. The hallway connects the kitchen to the living room, and off of is my bedroom and the den. I always sleep with the door closed, even though I live by myself. Habit after growing up with a nosey sibling and then having nosey roommates. I glanced at the clock, and it was about 3AM. I didn't think much of it and went back to sleep.

The next few days I didn't even think anything of that night. I went to work like normal, had some friends over some nights, and had no trouble sleeping. One night, about a week after the first night, I woke up again. Again, my bedroom door was open. I thought I must be getting forgetful about shutting it. I glanced at the clock, it was just before 3AM again. Well, this time, I was a little more awake, so I shuffled out of bed to go close the door. Then, I got back into bed, and I was a little confused, but went back to sleep. However, when I woke up in the morning, my door was open. I got out of bed, and shut it. Then, I pulled at the handle a bit, to make sure it was latching okay. It seemed fine. Was it a dream? Strange dream, if it was. Again though, I let it go. It's not the first time I've had kind of funny dreams or forget to do simple stuff like shut a door right?

Two days later, I woke up again. Only this time, it was different. I woke up with a start. I jumped, and sat up, turning my light on. I don't know why I jumped, I might have heard a noise? I can't remember now though. However, my bedroom door was open. I checked the clock, it was 2:59AM. “What the hell was going on?” I thought. I was now starting to think something was up. I got out of bed, looked around my room. Nothing seemed out of place. I listened for a moment, and didn't hear anything except a light breeze outside and the buzzing of the refrigerator down the hall. As I moved to my door to shut it, I noticed something very strange from the den. Let me explain.

Now, I have very few possessions. I barely furnish this house as one person. My living room has a TV, couch, and a coffee table. I have a few consoles and a shelf for games and DVDs, plus a box I keep spare controllers and stuff in. My kitchen has a table, three chairs, a small table and a little bar set. My bedroom has two dressers, a desk, a desk chair, my bed, a bookshelf and a nightstand. This is really all I have for big stuff, and I don't have any need for the Den room. It was just happenstance that I found this home with a den, at a good price. In the den, I keep a few boxes of books, some luggage bags, and old books for school, plus a couple other odds and ends I don't remember right away. Basically, I don't use the den. I have no reason to. Tonight, though, I could see through the threshold at the bottom of the doorway, that the light was on. I walked down the hall, leaving my bedroom door open to let the light illuminate the hallway. I walked slowly, because I was confused and a little startled at this point. I was thinking either I was having trouble remembering going into this room, or maybe someone had broken in?

So, I get to the den, take the handle, and slowly open the door. As I opened the door and peered into the room, it was dark. The light wasn't on. I shut the door, and the light was still off. I opened it again, and tried the light on the wall. I flicked it on, and off, a few times. It worked fine. I left it off, and turned around to go to my bedroom, but the door was closed. When I saw that, I can't explain why, but I got a chill that went right down my spine. The last few days, I've been sleeping on my couch. I haven't woken up at night again. I'm afraid to go to my room though, and sleep there.

I don't know what to make of this.



Submitted November 30, 2015 at 05:45AM by Sololop http://ift.tt/1l0XVmz nosleep

No comments:

Post a Comment