Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Can a soufle batter be refrigerated overnight? Cooking

So, I'm new to following recipes and have very basic knowledge of ingredients. I made a sweet potato soufle batter tonight, to bake at my mom's tomorrow for Thanksgiving. So right after I finished the soufle and put it in the refrigerator, I tried to google-fu whether or not that was a good idea. I found a couple hazy suggestions that seem to imply it is not a good idea due to the eggs and something about losing "rise" or premium peaking or some other such terms. My question is in regard to all of that - any explanation on why it's okay, or why it's not okay would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: If the souffle should NOT be refrigerated for an extended time period before baking, should I take it out and bake it tonight - then just heat it up tomorrow? Or is that just worse?



Submitted November 26, 2015 at 09:06AM by Rosy_Ps_Boyfriend http://ift.tt/1NQ08b8 Cooking

No comments:

Post a Comment