Monday, November 30, 2015

Is my eggnog from last year still ok to drink? Homebrewing

I made a large batch of eggnog this week last year and I still have one growler full of it. I am wondering if this is still good to drink without having a date with the toilet a couple hours (maybe minutes) later. Here are the details:

  • I used this recipe and didnt put in any of the egg whites yet. There is actually a bit more booze in it than the recipe calls for.
  • I opened the growler yesterday and it smells fine in there, just smells like eggnog. It doesn't smell like death so I hope thats a good sign.
  • It has been in the refrigerator all year without being opened until yesterday.

Will I die if I drink this eggnog or am I safe to reap the fruits of last years labor?



Submitted November 30, 2015 at 10:34PM by laxdalmus http://ift.tt/1OA15Y7 Homebrewing

No comments:

Post a Comment