Sunday, November 15, 2015

I need to rig this temperature controller to this fridge. I know very little. My understanding is I need to replace the fridge's thermostat with it.Am I right? Where do I cut? AskElectronics

This is the refrigerator's electrical scheme. I'm very confused by it. What's L1? What's L2?

This is the controller's. It's clear enough lol. "The Load" is engrish for compressor/resistor. NTC is the temperature probe.

As I understand, the brown(MR) wire supplies power to the thermostat, which switches the compressor on via the black(PR) wire, right? And then the blue(AZ) wire brings it all back to close the circuit. Could I then connect the brown(MR) wire to 1, 3 and to where it goes to power the lamp and defroster, and then the blue wire returning from the compressor to 4 and then back to the wall? Or did I get this all wrong?

Someone suggested me I could just turn the stock thermostat all the way up, and rig the controller to the fridge's power cord. I guess that would probably work, but I've seen at least one person have issues with this when the thermostat being all the way up didn't equal to the compressor being on all the time. Plus I'd lose control over the lamp, and the defrosting function, which I'd like to keep.

e: This is what I'm thinking. am I missing something?



Submitted November 16, 2015 at 02:23AM by SubcommanderMarcos http://ift.tt/1lquZEu AskElectronics

1 comment:

  1. I exploit solely premium quality products -- you will observe these individuals on: intel Pentium pro CPU gold

    ReplyDelete