Monday, November 2, 2015

Forever Lemons EatCheapAndHealthy

New to this sub, wanted to share something I learned recently that helped me save a few bucks. I use lemons in all kinds of cooking and often just squeeze into water for a cheap flavor drink with some good vitamins, (I like tart). I buy them in bulk to reduce cost, but they always get hard and dry about half way through the bag. I've found that storing lemons in a zip-lock bag in the refrigerator keeps them fresh way longer than on the counter. They seem to keep for about month this way. Limes are the same, but I don't often get to the end of a bag before they start to brown and turn bitter.

TLDR; buy lemons in bulk and keep them in a zip-lock bag in the fridge.

food science link



Submitted November 03, 2015 at 05:35AM by herptderper http://ift.tt/1P6Lthm EatCheapAndHealthy

No comments:

Post a Comment