Friday, June 2, 2017

The Roach and the Scab nosleep

As I sit here, picking at the large slightly oval shaped scab on my forearm, I wonder how it had been since I saw the sunlight.

I'm currently trapped in my underground bunker. By a stupid mistake, I set the air pressure seal and lockdown on the vault door. It's an automated system, I just happened to press the wrong buttons one day. There's an override code on a flash drive I was keeping safely hidden... in my house, in a lock box under a hidden compartment in the floor beneath the entertainment center.

So... I'm stuck. I've been stuck.

For how long? Who knows? I lived alone and my parents had passed away six years ago... I think. The rest of my family disowned me. They thought I was crazy. Well... as I would put it, there are three things in this world that I am absolutely certain of: I'm not crazy, I'm alive, and I'm fucking stuck. What I wish I was certain of? When someone would come to free me. I don't care how, I just want out of here! I want to be out in the sunlight! I want to see at least one other human being besides my own reflection! I want this goddamn scab to stop itching!!

How did I get this scab? Well, it's a bit ironic, I think. See, I have a refrigerator that has a water line connected to it. You know what those lines have right? That little nozzle to turn the water off and on before it gets to the fridge? Yeah, well this was one of those old ass, sharp, pointy edged ones.

How did I manage to let that cut me? Well, here's the thing. Sometime ago, my water was cut off, most likely from me not being able to pay the bill! This bunker I'm in right now is my fully stocked hideout until the nuclear war with North Korea is over with. Only, now it's not fully stocked! Since they shut my water off, I've had to use my supply of water from the pallets of gallon jugs I've got stored down here. You know how when your trash can gets full... you take it out and dump it? Well guess who doesn't have that luxury! There's trash everywhere! It drove me insane for a few days. Maybe months... I don't know. But I tripped over an gallon jug and tore a chunk out of my arm on that goddamn nozzle by the fridge! If that's not irony, I don't know what is!

I'm sorry... I've just been alone for so long.

I keep scratching at this scab and it just won't stop. I want it peel up. I wanna see the blood trickle out of this hole in my arm, this already healing hole in my arm before it's gone. I just keep picking but it doesn't want to be picked.

Hey, you know what this scab kinda looks like? It looks kinda like a roach. It's got the shape and everything. It's just missing the antennas. I've been picking at this thing for months it feels like... wait...

FINALLY!! I've got it! Holy shit, this scab is huge! Honestly, ripping it up really hurt but man, what a relief! I think I'll keep it on my table for now.

It's been a few days since I ripped up the scab. I decided to name it and make it my friend. I know it's not very creative, but, I named him Roach. He's such a cute, clever little fella.

Well, Roach and I have gotten along great! We even share a bowl of cold spaghetti rings for dinner every night. He's such a goofball. Sometimes he gets so excited that he'll try to swim in the tomato sauce.

I've never been happier than I right now. I don't even remember what it felt like to be alone down here, cuz now I have my best friend with me.

I just woke up this morning to find that I have another scab! Right in the same place! Now we can have another friend to play with!

Whew, it's been months since I've added anything to this. Apologies for not keeping up, but we've been having a blast. I had so many new friends now. Almost 78 Roaches and counting. I tried to name each one, but that is a lot to keep up with. Speaking of which, I currently have another scab that needs picking.

This one is more stubborn than the first one. What the hell? They had been gradually getting so much easier. I've been picking at this for what seems like years... and my friends are getting very sad. They want more friends to play with. What else can I do, you know?

I finally picked it. This one was a doosey. The largest one yet. It's strange, though, the scab is nothing more than scab, the Roaches began crawling out from the hole in my skin. It had startled me for a second, but now I'm happy. My friends will have more friends to play with and I know they're happy about that.

With each word that I write, I feel myself slipping closer into a deep slumber. My new friends are still pouring out of my arm, but I'm glad I could help my friends. I don't think that I have much longer before I pass out. I'm ready for a good rest... I'm ready...



Submitted June 02, 2017 at 11:15AM by ToxicDicc http://ift.tt/2rLrpft nosleep

No comments:

Post a Comment