Friday, June 2, 2017

Kenmore 79576204901 refrigerator issues appliancerepair

Hello all:

I got home yesterday to a fridge that wasn't keeping cold. Previously (last couple weeks) there has been excessive ice build up in the freezer section and a loud noise when the fan runs to cool the fridge. Nothing was running when I got home. Thinking it was ice buildup, I ran a hair dryer into the fan vent in the freezer to melt whatever ice was on the coils. It did not work, but I did see what looked like foggy air coming out of the (return?) on the bottom of the freezer. In a last ditch effort, I unplugged the fridge, waited a few seconds, and plugged it back in. It worked, the fan kicked on (sans noise) and fridge cooled overnight. When I awoke this morning, the fridge was again not running but did feel cold. I unplugged, waited, and plugged in again, and the fridge kicked on.

While that's a good thing that I have seemed to be able to mitigate this issue, I want to make sure nothing else might be wrong. I suspect something needs replaced, and reading through some things online last night I think it may be the control board. Do these symptoms square with that being the issue or should I be looking at the defrost thermostat or something else?

Any help you can offer would be excellent. Thanks!



Submitted June 02, 2017 at 05:56PM by the_glutton http://ift.tt/2slJA8x appliancerepair

No comments:

Post a Comment