Sunday, October 2, 2016

Im a complete idiot... TalesFromTheFrontDesk

NA here. High end extended stay property...

So I was checking to make sure all the exits were locked about an hour ago and managed to grab an out of date HK key to check, which I found out at about the same time as I confirmed that the first door was locked! The good news: second shift remembered to lock all the doors! The bad news? second shift remembered to lock all the doors! Oh, and we had a family of four trying to check in!

I could only get ahold of the FDM and she suggested that I see if the window to one of our out of order rooms is locked.... it's not! It is however stacked 3 rows deep with like refrigerator boxes (yay!) and there is no way in hell I'm going to be all to squeeze my ass through the space between the windowsill and the first row of boxes. So in the end I got my boyfriend to come out and crawl in to let me in one of the exits. When the family came back to check in I gave them a few gift cards (and appoligized/self depricatingly joked about locking myself out) and they seemed unbelievably cool about it.

I still feel like an idiot though.

6 years in the industry and this is the first time I've locked myself out...

Edit: damn you autocorrect



Submitted October 03, 2016 at 10:50AM by _Affexion_ http://ift.tt/2doFYvI TalesFromTheFrontDesk

No comments:

Post a Comment