Wednesday, July 6, 2016

should i speak up? vegan

I am really struggling to not fall into the 'preachy vegan' stereotype, yet part of me wants to. If I bite my tongue and keep my views to myself, society accepts me yet I feel like garbage and a liar. However, if I speak up against the animal cruelty going on, then I will be ridiculed and hated.

It's hard because so many people I admire are proud, outspoken vegan activists. Yet, when I want to vomit seeing meat in my family's common refrigerator, I keep quiet so no one hates me. It is just so hard being misunderstood and I do not know what to do.

I know by being a vegan I am making a difference, it is just really hard when everyone thinks that torturing animals for food is okay. My parents even watched Cowspiracy and did not change a single thing.

Please help me deal with this constant struggle and I would love advice from anyone who is going through the same thing.



Submitted July 07, 2016 at 03:26AM by queen-lady http://ift.tt/29iNIjG vegan

No comments:

Post a Comment