Monday, November 16, 2015

Moving living room to basement? InteriorDesign

I don't know if this is the right place for this. I figured it was worth a shot. I have a REALLY small kitchen. I find it very difficult to fit a small round table in it with refrigerator especially since I installed a dishwasher in the spot where the fridge USED to be. I really desire more cabinet space and more importantly countertop space but have no where to put it.

I was throwing around the idea of turning my current living room into more of a dining room and moving my living room down to the basement. The basement is currently "finished" but I want to knock out all the wood panel walls from the 70s, remove the asbestos tile ceiling and redo the whole thing more modern.

The only thing I am worried about with this idea would be the resale value of my home dropping. Would moving my living room to the basement and probably adding a bathroom down there as well hurt the value of the home? Other than having someone come in and extend the back of the house out (which would probably mean I would need to knock the garage down and build it farther back), I'm not sure what else to do except sell and move to another home.



Submitted November 17, 2015 at 03:16AM by tekkitan http://ift.tt/1LiEKJN InteriorDesign

No comments:

Post a Comment