Friday, June 5, 2015

Storing your skin care products in hot weather? SkincareAddiction

So, summer is on its way in the Northern Hemisphere (woo-hoo!) and I'm wondering if there are any tips I should keep in mind for storing skin care products when it gets hot. My air conditioner doesn't work super well, and I don't really like to leave it on while I'm at work for lots of reasons -- wasted electricity, I hate how a room smells if the windows and doors are closed, and, weirdly, I just really like hot weather. Like, I don't really mind if my room is 90 degrees when I get home. Plus I can use the heat as an excuse to do some much-needed stretching. :)

Products I have:

Lots of Paula's Choice:

  • Moisture Boost Cleanser
  • Resist Retinol Cream
  • KP wipes
  • Resist moisture renewal oil
  • Skin Recovery Super Antioxidant Cream (with retinol)

Others:

  • Cerave PM lotion for normal to dry skin
  • Aura Cacia apricot kernel oil
  • Uriage Hyseac AHA/BHA exfoliant lotion
  • MUAC mandelic acid toner
  • MUAC mandelic acid/salicylic acid peels

For sunscreen I have Uriage Bariesun and the Australian Cancer Council sensitive skin sunscreen as well as the Cancer Council scar-reducing sunscreen, but something tells me sunscreen can handle being stored in heat. :P

(Also have Timeless CE ferulic serum and LifeFlo kukui nut oil, but keep these in the fridge)

I'm pretty militant about keeping products tightly sealed and out of sunlight, and I write on them the date I opened them so they don't expire. Will these measures be enough, or should I do anything else? I could probably bring some stuff to work on really hot days, but I have some back issues and like to really minimize what I carry around. Plus I'd probably forget to bring them back. :)

I've seen tiny little refrigerators that can be used for storing makeup and other skincare products, but my initial feeling was that that's kind of overkill.

Anyhow, thanks in advance for any help that anyone can offer!

tl;dr It's getting hot outside and I'm paranoid about storing my products. Please share tips or reassure me that I am, in fact, being paranoid! Muchas gracias!



Submitted June 06, 2015 at 05:05AM by theabominableunicorn http://ift.tt/1KSysWn SkincareAddiction

No comments:

Post a Comment