Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Why do I rub people the wrong way? self

Are some people more prone to being bullied than others? I would like to think that could explain the reasons as to why there always seems to be somebody in my life who is bothered by me. Do other people feel like this?

Bit of background: I am a happily married, late 20-something female with a great job/educational background/family. However, I've noticed that wherever I am, there's ALWAYS somebody who just seems to want to get under my skin. I mean -- all the way back in elementary school, I remember a girl coming up to me and saying "I wish I could punch you because I don't like you." I'd never even talked to the girl in my life.

In college, I had a coworker who was constantly critiquing my work -- despite being in a completely different department from me. Had it not been for seeing her in the lunchroom, I would never actually encounter her. However, over time, she started nagging me about small, trivial things such as how I kept my lunchbox on the wrong shelf in the refrigerator, etc.

No matter where I go, there seems to be somebody who a) is bothered by me and b) goes out of their way to tell me how I am doing something wrong. Obviously, when there are multiple people doing the same thing to you, they're not the problem -- you are! So I'm just left wondering WHAT exactly is wrong with me... I'm a rather quiet individual, I avoid confrontation, and I would NEVER say the things that people say to me, though. Any thoughts?

tl;dr Throughout my life, I've always seemed to rub people the wrong way. What's wrong with me?



Submitted April 23, 2015 at 02:45AM by elisakate15 http://ift.tt/1QkKUiP self

No comments:

Post a Comment