Thursday, April 30, 2015

Mobile cocktail/piano lounge cocktails

I'm currently so unemployed it's not even funny, and I was trying to come up with a few small business ideas I could do. So I thought to myself, why not combine what I know (playing cocktail piano) with what I like (drinking)!

So here's my idea: I construct a mobile bar in someone's home or wherever they'd want it. I bring a barkeep who serves 5-6 different cocktails and meanwhile I play smooth lounge music. I have an easily transported instrument and amp system, so that takes care of the music bit.

The bar would be nothing fancy, essentially a front from panelled wood and maybe a nice stone top that houses the things that I need to serve the cocktails, a back panel that has a few shelves for glasses and a mirror (the mirror is important). As a whole, something that looks like a saloon, but that's easily built, transported and unbuilt.

The reason I'm posting here is to see if anyone has any input on the sort of equipment I would need for the bar. Assuming we serve a party of thirty people, how much materials would we need? Let's say we serve a whisky sour, a manhattan, margaritas, mochitos, gin and tonic. (I know, but that's what's popular here)

How much ice does a party need (and what size of refrigerator would I need to acquire). How much fruits do I need to bring. What's a good way to clean glasses on a mobile station? Am I missing something really obvious?



Submitted April 30, 2015 at 05:48PM by RPofkins http://ift.tt/1JUkCyE cocktails

No comments:

Post a Comment