Friday, April 24, 2015

(Overdue) Update on my office dip tournament! Thank you all! slowcooking

So a couple of weeks back, you all helped me think of some awesome dip recipes to try to win a bracket style dip contest.

After some tough deliberation, I went with the Cajun crawfish dip recommended by /u/JohnnyBrillcream, because I'm a sucker for spicy seafood.

Recipe: http://ift.tt/1DlgfYt

Admittedly, this was a risk. Seafood AND spicy is not something for the masses. But my god am I happy I made it. I cooked it in a saute pan, and it's one of my favorite dips of all time. I went heavy on the cream cheese and heavy on spices.

Photo: http://ift.tt/1DlgfYv

So, my angle proved to not be the way to win an office tourny. I lost to a mean Reuben dip in the second round, but I got several requests for my recipe and compliments from seafood fans.

I said I'd post the winning recipe, so I did that below. It was tasty, but not particularly interesting. But, I'm also not a huge sweets fan.


1 8oz package cream cheese, softened ½ cup butter, slightly softened 2 cups powdered sugar ½ cup all-purpose flour 1 teaspoon vanilla 1 ½ cups oats (I used old fashioned) 2/3 cup M&M’s 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Beat cream cheese and butter until smooth with a mixer Add in powdered sugar, brown sugar, flour and vanilla Mix in the oats with a paddle attachment or wooden spoon Add in M&Ms and chocolate chips Store in refrigerator until serving


Again, thanks to everyone for the suggestions. I'll definitely be trying out a few more. Also, pro tip: this crayfish dip is great over rice as almost a psuedo-jambalaya.



Submitted April 25, 2015 at 01:14AM by pgjohnson http://ift.tt/1DlggeJ slowcooking

No comments:

Post a Comment