Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Looking for advice on sourcing refrigerator parts HomeImprovement

I recently got a steal on a Kenmore Pro Series fridge; possibly "too good to be true" thought it does appear to work (two weeks now, hooked up water last night and icemaker and water also work).

They retail around 6k and sell used for 2-3, so I felt like I came upon a unicorn when I saw it for $300.

Anyhow, it doesn't have door handles. That's part of the catch. That said, I can get them (297128200 is the part number) from a variety of online sellers for about $125 each. Can anyone who has been down this road tell me if there are any resources I'm ignoring? I'm basically limited to searching by part number, but I'm wondering if there are some handles that are compatible and perhaps cost less.

Even with this expense the fridge is worth it for the great look it has, but if I can avoid it, I'd love to do that. I've also considered making my own out of some kind of cool wood, but thought it might clash with the stainless.



Submitted April 30, 2015 at 12:33AM by goldandguns http://ift.tt/1bEoGIc HomeImprovement

No comments:

Post a Comment