Monday, January 1, 2018

The floor of my new apartment was damaged after i signed the lease [CA] legaladvice

on December 28th Signed for a new apartment in Los Angeles. I requested that they remove a refrigerator because I had my own. on December 30th I went to the apartment for the first time since I signed to start moving my things. there was a huge scrape across my hardwood floor. It looks like it was from when they dragged the old refrigerator. I took pictures and emailed them to management asking them to note that I did not cause it and to please repair it. Management has not responded to me yet. i have a few questions.

  1. what is reasonable to expect?
  2. i would have never signed a lease if the floors looked like this could i get rent reduction based on how unsightly it is?
  3. how long is it reasonable to wait for them to fix it.? 4.if they try to say i caused the damage what do i do?

Thanks!



Submitted January 02, 2018 at 10:26AM by fredsterchester http://ift.tt/2C9Mzp8 legaladvice

No comments:

Post a Comment