Monday, January 1, 2018

I’ve been trying to reduce my electric usage but I’ve noticed no matter what I do I can’t go below 8kWh/day. What should my daily usage be when I’m not home? Frugal

My power company sends me daily notifications of my electricity usage. So I was surprised to see that while I was on vacation, during the winter, my daily electric usage was 8kWh. I have gas heat and gas water heater. The only things that would be consuming electricity while I’m not home are my appliances, which aren’t that many. The appliances that are always on are my refrigerator, one small chest freezer, my modem and WiFi router, the clocks on the microwave, stove, coffee maker, and the outside lights that come on at night and are LEDs, oh, and a 29” TV which was plugged in but not on. Would those appliances be consuming 8 to 9kWh daily? Is that a normal minimal consumption?

If not, what would be the likely culprit of that usage?



Submitted January 02, 2018 at 08:51AM by Lacagada http://ift.tt/2A2Ls92 Frugal

No comments:

Post a Comment