Wednesday, January 10, 2018

LG Refrigerator Won't Cool - Main Board Troubleshooting? appliancerepair

Hi everyone,

I have a gorgeous LG lcs27931SW that is staring me in the face. I am a newbie when it comes to fridge tech, and repair videos for LGs either don't answer my question or cost money.

The entire fridge will not cool. Took off lower panel, and the compressor coils are a bit dusty, and the compressor fan is unobstructed and running fine.

As far as I can tell, the compressor is NOT running at all. Additionally, the LCD display panel on the front of the fridge is only partially lighting up. The actual LCD display is barely lighting up, while the ice dispenser is quite bright, and the internal lights seem fine.

This leads me to believe there's an issue with the main board on the LG. I've inspected the main board (which is on the top of the fridge! What in the world!?) and can't see physical signs of damage.

I am unsure what my next step is - do I test the outbound power harness to the compressor for 120v? I can't find this model number online, so I am having trouble finding a guide as to where the harness for compressor would be, so any suggestion on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!



Submitted January 11, 2018 at 01:27AM by mrstickball http://ift.tt/2moA4Am appliancerepair

No comments:

Post a Comment