Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Cutting a door in half to create a sliding garbage can drawer HomeImprovement

In my pantry in my kitchen is where my garbage/recycling can are (Image). This means that every time I want to throw something away, I have to open/close the door. Additionally, since the shelves are at that height, I often have to pull it out to open the lid, throw away whatever, push it back in, then close teh door

I'm a super lazyefficient person, and would love to do something simpler.

What I'd love is to cut the door in half right about at the level of the bottom shelf and build in a sliding tray for the garbage cans to sit on - effectively a tall 'drawer' that would work very much like the pull out freezers on a bottom-freezer refrigerator. With a handle on the bottom half of the door, I can pull that drawer outwards, throw stuff away and then push it back in. It'll take some extra work to put the slides past the door jamb so it can slide outwards, but that seems pretty doable.

Does anyone have an advice or insight or pitfalls to avoid in this endeavor?



Submitted January 04, 2018 at 01:41AM by MaximumAldwyn http://ift.tt/2lRBrXJ HomeImprovement

No comments:

Post a Comment