Monday, January 8, 2018

Can an unused shower be used if it worked in the past? Plumbing

I have two questions here, I think they are both plumbing related, at least one is for sure. The first one is about my basement shower. Our basement is half finished, half unfinished. It was going to originally be a mini apartment for guests but ended up as just a play room for my kids. We have some extra guests coming over in the early spring and some will have to stay down stairs. The basement shower was installed and works last I checked but it hasnt been used in about 3 years. Would the shower still work if I turned it on right now or would it need some work? My second question involves my refrigerator. Its been very cold, below zero on many nights. My kitchen is not very well insulated. Shortly after this cold snap started, I noticed my freezer took longer to freeze things. After a day my water bottle was only half frozen. Its been getting slightly worse, I put a bottle in there 2-3 days ago and it hasnt froze at all. Some food is thawing but most things are staying frozen if they were already frozen. I didnt know if maybe because its colder in my kitchen/outside than the freezer perhaps its struggling to work because it itself is freezing?



Submitted January 09, 2018 at 09:14AM by Westonvt http://ift.tt/2CVZmz9 Plumbing

No comments:

Post a Comment