Saturday, June 10, 2017

Start Relay Question-Posted before, but now a more specific question appliancerepair

I posted this before, but have a specific question regarding the replacement options.

Background: My wife and I have a 7.1 cubic ft chest freezer. Recently, it stopped working. The compressor will kick on intermittently, but not reliably enough to continue using. You can hear the freezer start to try and run, but then it clicks and stops. Is there an easy way to fix this? Some of my reading made me wonder if it might be the starter relay? Thoughts? Anybody have experience working on this style of freezer before?

The relay for my freezer is a QP2-4.7G12. I can find all sorts of QP2-4.7 available for like $6 or $7, but then I realized the G12 at the end. What is this, and would it hurt to use the first rather than the latter. The G12 is anywhere from $15 to $30 or so when I look around.

Also, a kind user suggested the alternative of using something like a supco 3-1 hard start kit

I just don't want to screw it up. Thoughts? Help? My neighbors are tired of holding onto all my freezer contents :) Much Appreciated. Also, should I go ahead and replace the overload protector?



Submitted June 11, 2017 at 07:07AM by Rudy2008 http://ift.tt/2sgbfLp appliancerepair

No comments:

Post a Comment